Thursday, June 25, 2009

New Changes, and tragic losses

Today marks a day that will be remembered for a long time. After witnessing the P.I.B.B.A. Conference, and seeing the changes being suggested to teachers in order to teach our ever growing island, with its diverse culture and its different languages that range from Chamoru to Chuukese, I can't help but to be over joyed for our future, but as I see our island grow I also have now witnessed a tragic loss. Knowing that my once boyhood idol Micheal Jackson has passed from this world, and now knowing that he is in the hands of God makes me sad. I can remember mimicing his dances as a little boy in front of the TV screen when I first saw the "Thriller" album. It was he that made me want to get into music today, and although I may not have been as succcessful as Michael, the musical passion I feel is just as equally strong. He wanted to help children and inspire other upcoming musicians. I wish to also inspire my Island and to see all Pacific Islanders unite as well. However, life as we know will always continously change. We see new horizons, and remember those that have come and gone. Maybe it's not our possessions, and maybe it's not our fame not the way we teach or the way we learn, but maybe just maybe we are all here to leave a lasting impression on this world so that our soul will echo across time. To where other distant generations can use our experiences, our knowledge, our ideas, our failures to aid them to make as Michael called it "a brighter day" and a better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I totally can see your point. I believe that we should all live our lives to the fullest of its potential. Somehow by living up to the fullest of its potential we can make a good example for those who are not feeling too confident. It shows that if we think out of the norm and challenge our goals, we can accomplish them. Maybe some things don't go as planned, but you have attempted them. It's not failure if you don't look at it that way. It's the moral of your story that makes a lasting impression...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your point of view. Micheal Jackson has somehow touched people's heart with his music. I really enjoyed his music video. "Thriller" was also my favorite. Micheal was not just a singer, he also gave hope and faith to many people through his songs.

    ReplyDelete