Sunday, June 21, 2009

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." - Unknown

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers!
I have been reminded that without my father, my mother, my grandparents, and the Man upstairs, I wouldn't have a place in this world. I thank God for giving me life and life to my family and friends. I feel that the least I could do for Him is to share the love He has for me as well as everyone in the world.



This weekend I ran a 5k for the Mango Festival. What I had realized is that you should always do your best and giving everything you have leaves you with a great feeling of accomplishment. When the race started, I pushed myself. I knew I couldn't beat those runners that get under 20 minutes, but I was determined to break my time. With all my strength and my will, I had done better than my best.

When you think you've done your best and it's not even the end of the race, think again. Every time you feel like giving up, keep on moving.

"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. "
- Confucius

1 comment:

  1. Great words of wisdom, you must have great parents that you look-up to. You are a very independent and strong woman to do a 5k run. Also to push so hard to be better is what everyone wants.

    ReplyDelete