Thursday, June 25, 2009

PIBBA @ Merizo

On this week, I volunteered to be a participant of PIBBA. I have gone through a similar event with a hardware convention, but this time, I experienced more of togetherness with people and love. Ever felt like something is worth sweating for? Doing the errands were hot and sweaty but it was something meaningful to me. Throughout the days I realized that, there are people out there with beautiful minds, still. At Merizo, they dug out a ground and threw some charcoals in there to heat up the ground. Each person carried out the small portion of food, while singing the Chamorro song (I'm not sure if it was the Chamorro anthem), we together filled the hole with the food. I also learned how to make a rice pouch made with banana leaves, and tried eating lemai and unicorn fish, which all of them I was trying out for the first time.
Every experience was beautiful and new. I'm sure this day will be remembered in my memories. Thanks to Dr. Rivera giving us this opportunity.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you Bella.
    Thanks great the you had fun down in Merizo.
    It's also great that you had a get experience down there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella,

    I'm happy that you had an engaging cultural experience. Your contribution is greatly appreciated. Take care, and continue to strive for the best!

    Best regards,
    Dr. Rivera

    ReplyDelete