Friday, July 3, 2009

Manukai Athletic Club

Has anyone ever heard of Manukai Athletic Club Swim Team here on Guam?

Well this team so happens to be my swim team. I am the Head Swim Coach that oversees the teams' needs and goals. I have actually trained with this club for 10 years. I started when I was 7 years old, and from there on out I lived and breathed swimming. When I was able to compete for the off-island competitions, my training was very exhausting. It was a lot of hard work and dedication. The first time I ever swam the Cocos Crossing, I was 8 years old. Now, I coordinate the Cocos Crossing events. I am very happy that I didn't quit so soon. In a way I've learned to have more discipline with myself in everyday life. I believe that no matter how much you feel like quitting, to never give in to it. You will look back and see all your progress to pay you back in many ways.

I just wanted to share something about myself. Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!

Oh! And if you are interested in having your child or know someone who would like to have their child learn how to swim, just let me know. Ages 4 and up.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! That's so cool! I can't swim in the deep ocean...ha
    I hope I have a chance to learn how to swim some day.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that you contribute your swimming skills to others. I cant swim either, like kaori, but I also hope I will have chance one day to overcome my fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to learn how to swim! The fact that you have been swimming at such a young age amazes me, and it's really something that you coordinate such prestigious events. Keep on doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete