Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Transitions

Hello my classmates,
Lately, it’s been raining and I hate driving in the rain back and forth to UOG. This week, we learned about how to write narration and description essay. I hope everyone gets use to those kinds of writing, and be able to use them for the back up composition.
Here are some transitions that can help you. (I got it from my notes from high school)

Transition to let readers know that a digression is about to begin or end: Anyhow, anyway, as I was saying, at any rate, by the way, incidentally, to change the subject, to get back to the point, to return to the subject, to resume.

Transition to move readers into specific examples: As an illustration, especially, for example, for instance, including, in particular, namely, notably, particularly, specifically, to demonstrate, to illustrate.

I hope these will help you in your essay. GOOD LUCK everyone!!

2 comments: